State what have you photographed
and what your work is about
For this task, I have photographed portraits under the theme of easter. I have created a front cover, suitable for the ID magazine. It has the wink, logo and barcode. It shows the model, holding multiple easter eggs over her eye. The location was the studio, which allowed controlled lighting and no distractions in the background. There was a pink backdrop, which i thought linked to Easter.
I also created two double page spreads. These had the theme of a darker, more punk easter rabbit. The first page spread shows a location of an urban, with a sign which stated 'PLEASE KEEP CHILDREN UNDER STRICT CONTROL'. I thought this added a ironic, humorous mood to the image.
The other double page spread is based of two images, one being repeated a few times and the other being one black and white image.
Describe how your idea
developed and changed if it did
I initially had holiday, and thought about summer. But halfway through my research i
changed my idea.
List the equipment you have
used and techniques you have employed
For this image, I have used my Canon 1100D. I used the studio and the lighting.
I have used various editing techniques, such as adjustment layers and high pass. I also used free transform and rulers to create my front covers and spreads.
Explain the
problems/challenges you encountered if any and what did you do to solve them
One of the main challenges with this assignments were that the first double spread mostly didn't fit with my other page. This was solved by doing different layouts and experimentation with images and text.
Briefly name and describe how
two artists work have influenced or can be related to your work in some way
An artist that inspired me was Lukasz Pukowiec, this was because his images were very rebellious and gave a different view to the easter bunny. This artist influenced me to make my models different and quirky.
Another artist was Louis Vuitton, he inspired me to look at different outfits and locations. It also made me have a think about locations that added context to my images.
Comment on whether you are
pleased with your final piece or not. Consider if you did it again would you
change anything
I am very pleased with my final pieces, however they are not very professional and I feel like i could experiment with some layouts and defiantly some work on the front cover, which I shall look at. The font needs to be changed and also the editing on my hue and saturation layes on the fingers and eggs.
No comments:
Post a Comment