Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Experimentation with double spread layouts:

After I created the second double page spread, seen in figure 1, I wanted to experiment with another layout and image. I had edited this image when describing locations and really liked it, image 2.

Image one:    
                                                                                                
 


Image two:


editing: 


 I first added another image from a shoot after, the green image in the left hand corner.  however, this looked too unprofessional and just thrown on. I didn't like this, but wanted to add some text to see if it looked better.


For this image, I split the page into two and decided to have one image on each. I decided that on the left hand side the text was too small. Also the flipping didn't look right and there was too many lines. I did like the black and white photo next to the whitewashed image.

 Next I cropped the white washed image in half and removed the writing. I removed it so I could add more detail and specific sentences into the spaces.  The next try was to add it next to the black and white image.

Here the image shows both the images next to each other, the page does look good but is slightly too busy. 
This makes me need to think about the positioning and perhaps a border on the black and white image. 
I like the text as its a little bit of specific information. I will be keeping the left side of the image the same now. 


Here, I made the black and white image smaller, revealing a white border. This made the image less distracting and busy. It also gives me the opportunity to add text under the image. I think for this I will use one sweeping statement. 


This shows having an illustration of two eggs under the black and white image. 
I do feel like something should be under the image, but dislike this illustration.
I feel like it needs more detail or context. 

Here I tried having 3 easter eggs and tilting the outside two. 
I do like this however i feel to replicate the style of ID, i should have text.


In this image, it shows the text under the black and white image. Its simple and names the model and photographer. 
I prefer text under the image, compared to the illustration. 
Next, I want to try another statement and it in bold. 


Here I tried having a small statement under the black and white image. 
The statement really gives the viewer a sense of attitude and moodiness. 
I do like the normal font, however think that bold may attract the viewer more. 


Here, I tried the bold font. I really like this as it attracts the viewer and works well if you cover the left hand side. 
I feel like it could be a stand alone image, which makes it work well. 
This is my second final double page spread. 


^Final image:












No comments:

Post a Comment