
Once I had printed out my front cover, ready for the critique, I realised that there is some wrong and unprofessional editing on the models finger.
As you can see, around the fingers the layer is very visible and doesn't cover it properly.
I opened up the unflattened image and restarted this egg.
I experimented with using a real egg, photo shopping a kestrel egg onto the image, however I preferred the bright coloured eggs. This was because it fit in with easter more.
Whilst I was editing, I decided to use a lighter purple with a decreased saturation. The bellow image shows the improvement:

The next improvement on the cover, was the font. Many people said it looked unlike the magazine, this made me want to improve it.
Before: After:

I decided to use the font Courier new - this was because it was similar to the magazine and was less childish.
I experimented with using bold, shown below. However, I preferred the normal as it made the image the main focus.
Shown in the final image below.



No comments:
Post a Comment