Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Punk easter (double page spread) contact sheet:





The locations in this shoot: 
(All pictures are edited)

1: 


How I edited: 
The first screengrab shows the level change in the image, this was done to make the whole image more vibrant. I wanted the bright white walls to contrast with the green moss.
I then applied a hue and saturation adjustment layer, shown in the second screengrab. 
This again was to make the wall contrast with the moss.
The third and fourth screengrabs show the difference between having the saturation and not. I did remove the model from this layer as his hair and skin tone changed too much for my liking. 
The last screengrab shows the use of high pass, I used a smaller number as I didnt want everything to be drastically changed. 
I used high pass to add emphasis and tone to the walls and the rubbish, this is as the location is one of the main parts of the image. 


Screengrabs below:

The location: 
I chose this location because it was very ruined and old. It looked abandoned and this matched the theme of punk easter. The amount of rubbish really added emphasis to the fact its not looked after, perhaps like the model.
A weakness to this location is that it doesn't really add context or effect to the image. It also doesn't look very fashionable. 
However, I do like the urban feel to the image. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2:

There are more notes on editing on the following post.

The location: 
The location was a brick wall, found near an old factory/yard. I specifically chose this location for the sign that reads 'please keep children under strict control'. For this shoot, and the general theme of Easter, the location being very worn down and the sign added a humorous irony to the image. It also added a essence of punk and rebellion which I wanted. This again contradicted to the usual 'Easter bunny' mood and excitement. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3:

How I edited: 
The first screengrab below shows the level change in the image. I simply wanted it to lift the image and lighten skin tone. 
The second is a change in hue and saturation, I wanted this to make the pink flowers to pop.
This was because i wanted the link of pink to easter. Also, I wanted to create some irony in a 'punk' in a typically girly space.
Next, the screengrab 3, shows high pass. After using this, the face looked very distorted.
So using the eraser, I removed it from the models face and neck, this is shown in SG4. 
The last thing I did was experiment with black and white, which really attracted me. It matched the work of 'Louis Vuitton' and 'Lukasz Pukowiec', which really gave a sense and mood of attitude. 

Screengrabs below:

The location:
The location for this images is rural and shows a pink flowered tree, in blossom. Its very stereotypical easter, but the model really stands out and looks different. This is what i liked in the image. 
The model is looking up at the tree, which makes the viewer interact with the location. 
A weakness of the location is that its very rural and girly, however this can be seen as a strength. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4:

How I edited: 
These screengrabs show how I edited this image. I edited the levels (1), then added high pass (2) and (3). I changed the saturation so the yellow flowers were brighter and more vivid. This was to fit in with the theme of easter. I then experimented with black and white (5) and colour splash on (6) and (7). I preferred the black and white as it again matched the styles of 'Louis Vuitton' and 'Lukasz Pukowiec', which really gave a sense and mood of attitude. 


The location:
For this shoot, I have chosen the location with flowers and a lake. I chose this because it fit in with the stereotypical easter theme. However, this location doesn't work well with the image, i think this is because it doesn't add anything to the image. Compared to other locations, this is the weaker. 



                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment