Monday, 24 March 2014

First Easter Studio Shoot:- More edits:

After the last experimentation, I decided to experiment with the other favourite image. A lot of creative mistakes helped this happen and the end result is very quirky and different, this is what I wanted in my front cover.

Original image: 
This original image is very humorous and cheeky. This adds to the happy, easter mood of the image. The background is grey, which harmonises with the black outfit. The model is facing towards the camera, but is looking away, to the side. This makes the viewer wonder what he is looking at. The eye isn't covered in this image, however I will photoshop the hair to cover it and make the image black and white. This was inspired from Lukasz Pukowiec and the Rebel Rabbit series. 













Edits: 
This image shows the photoshopped image, without the ID logo, barcode and title. 
I used the clone stamp to cover the eye. I chose a big piece of hair and carefully added it. I then, when trying to make the image upright (it was originally tilted) I turned it upside down. I actually really liked this, as it reminded me of a rabbit looking down a hole.
















With the logo and other edits: 

 In these edits, I tried the white and blue logo and font. I preffered the white as it contrasted with the grey and black. It really stood out and attracted the viewer. Even if the blue was more easter like, the white looked more professional and attractive.












In these edits, the I-D logo is upside down, which matches the models. I really like this as its quirky and only those with knowledge of the ID would realise. 
We did have some trouble with the eye being covered and which side. By flipping the logo, I found the side easier. 
As for the colours, the blue is more Easter-y than the red. However, I still dislike both. 




Here I tried the white colours with the upside down logo and the colour. This is my final front cover. This is because it has the little quirks (the ID logo upside down, the white contrast and the model looking to the side) but still looks like a front cover for the magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment