Tuesday, 25 February 2014

The Proposal:

In my images, I intend to photograph the fashions and every day wear for summer holidays. This will include bikinis, full swimsuits, shorts and vest tops, summer hats, sunglasses and long dresses. This will link to the theme of fun and games and the second theme of holiday as generally, time away in hot countries are fun and are a break from stressful everyday life. I will be creating a front cover, so will need one image to have the famous I-D wink or right eye cover. This could be by a hat, or the model winking. For the assignment, I will need to explore different locations, so this will include shooting in the studio, on a rural, plain scene, perhaps a field and also, if possible, a beach setting.  I am also considering having a comparison between modern fashion (ie - bikinis and short shorts and sunglasses) and retro swimwear.

For this set of images, I am going to use my digital camera. This is a Canon EOS 1100D. My images will be shot in colour. This is as I want the bright, vibrant and eye catching appeal in my front cover.

These images will be portraits and more specifically will be fashion. They will be used for a front cover, and two double pages spread. This also means they will be seen in a magazine and there will be some writing that further explores the images.For my locations, other than booking the studio for my preferred time, I won’t need any permission.  The models for this assignment will need to be contacted, I want to use one of my friends as both me and her will feel more comfortable. It also means that she can be contacted whenever and with ease. I will need to figure out a good time for us to shoot.
The only access ill need is to the studio and possibly location lighting. The location lighting should be there and available when I shoot, however it means I will need someone to help with cables and positioning. 
 
I can see a few issues with this plan, one being tripping over leads and lighting being damaged while shooting in a location. This means I will need someone to guard and warn any passers-by about the cables. I will also need to focus on the temperature of the model, as the weather isn't brilliant inside and the fashions maybe very light.
 
I will need to research the front covers and double page spreads in many magazines, including I-D. I will need to notice the similarities and the differences. I need to look at angles, outfits and locations before shooting. I also need to research different fashion photographers and to gain inspiration from them.

For this set of images, I will have to be placing on a magazine front cover. I will do some sketches first, the logo will need to be at the top of the image and there will need to be a title of 'A-Z of Fun and Games'. I will also need to think about the content and articles in the double page spreads. Maybe a interview with the model? Again, I will be doing sketches before putting together.

Timetable:
Week 1-  Introduction and Initial Ideas- Start Blog- Write proposal - locate models and outfits - list all location photography - Do any extra tasks

Week 2- Begin to look at materials and research artists. Plan a shoot and begin to annotate and look at reshoots - do any extra tasks.

Week 3- Finish all research - shoot in the studio - edit - annotate - do any tasks.

Week 4- Edit all images -  begin to place on magazine front - think about double spread. - Reshoot if needed.

Week 5- Make sure all images and double spreads are done - annotate anything left.

Week 6-  Evaluation - Critique - General finishing off
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment