Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Introduction and Initial Ideas:

Unit 4: Communication through Art and Design.
Unit 31: Specialist Location Photography 

For this assignment, I have been asked to produce a minimum of 4 images. These images will be used for a front cover, which has the I-D magazine logo on and the title 'A-Z of fun and games'. You also need to produce 2 double page spreads, which incorporate your images. The front cover will need to have the official 'i-D wink'. This is where the right eye is either covered or closed. 
I will need to do many different shoots, all in different locations, including the studio. I will need to think about my audience and kit needed whilst also thinking about the composition and visual aspects of the images. I will need to be experimental with my layouts and types of images, but must keep my theme running. 

My theme:  
My theme is 'Holiday'. This was given by a lucky dip, after a task where we named one thing, for each letter of the alphabet, about fun and games. 

Initial Ideas: 
Holiday wear - bikinis, swimming costumes, hats, sunglasses, shorts, long and light summer dresses. Straw hats to cover the eye and vest tops. 
^ Here I could do a comparison between old 'retro' fashion and modern.
^This is linked to fun and games, as commonly holidays are seen as fun. The fashion also fits with the brief. 

Postcards - dress made of postcards, a stamp covering the eye for the 'wink'.

Cocktails - bright colours, fiestas, spanish holidays, Caribbean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment