Layout one:
This layout is very cute and stereotypical of an Easter spread. It seems very different and wouldn't fit well with my 'punk bunny' spread.
This layout involves two different images, one being a model holding the basket over his face, and the other being a set up of props. There is space in the layout for some writing and article, however I feel like its too simple. I really like the punk bunny spread, so wont be getting rid of it. Therefore this page will need further work.
Layout two:
This image shows another layout
It shows the use of two images, which i dont think is effective and professional as having one image. I also think that the images dont match with the punk theme. If I did have two images that were linked, I would consider using two images on a page. I think the font is nice and similar to the other spread.
i do like the way one image takes up half of the page.
Layout three:
Again here , the layout looks very childish and unprofessional. Again, the font works well with the other double page spread. This is as its cartoon like and fits in with the culture of the mag. This does look like a page spread but i think it needs development.
Layout four:
This development shows a yellow font. I chose this to match the chicks and the general theme of easter. However, its too distracting and doesn't contrast with the white enough. This layout isn't something I really wanted as it looks too busy and not as 'punk' like. I want my pages to show attitude where this shows cute and fluffy.
Point:
This screengrab shows an accident which led me to produce the screenshot below. I went to clone the grass, so the whole page was grass, however this happened. This then led me to try having the same image twice.
Layout five:
This image shows the same image duplicated with yellow font. The middle of the page looks weird and needs to be flipped. Also the font doesn't really work in the current position.
Layout six:
This image shows the one of the images flipped, so the middle is more smooth and effective. However, i still think this layout is too childlike and unprofessional It still needs work.
Layout seven:
This image shows development of the double page spread. It shows the image above duplicated and flipped 4 times. This looks more how I wanted 'punk' like and shows a uniqueness . The next issue is the font, which i have worked on below.
Layout eight:
This image shows lines over the image. I do like the effect , however i think they're should be less as it distracts the viewer too much . I also need to think about font size as well. I should make the lines more spaced and bigger. This is so i can fit in some text with the page.
This image shows some repeated text on the lines. It shows the need for less lines and bigger lines. Also the background is very bright, which may need editing.
Layout ten:
This image shows the version with less, bigger lines. I made a layer, coloured white, and placed it over the other layers, text , lines and the image.
I then changed the opacity of the layer, this gave the page a whitewashed effect, which made the colours less distracting.
The less lines allows the reader to realise its a male model and that the image has been duplicated. I do like this layout as it fits in well with my other spread and has the same mood and tone.
FINAL PIECE:
I feel like my second double page spread is very effective. It works well with my first spread and to me, it looks like an advertisement. The repetition of the image and the text makes the simple message, Easter fashion, simple to understand. The lines cover the models face, which masks his identity.
The location was a very normal, rural grass field. This gives the spring walk feel to the image. It also doesn't distract the viewer from the main theme and model.






No comments:
Post a Comment