The location for this image is rural, which I have chosen because it matches with the spring and this is when Easter happens. Also, I thought a city location would of distracted the viewer from the main focus.
Edits:
Final image edit:
I planned to use this image for a extra on my double page spread. I thought about using it to fill up a quarter, while the other half was filled by a portrait/full body shot and the other quarter being another prop.
The location for this was a stone base found near the city centre, hence the building behind. I chose this location as it was linked to spring and spring walking. It is also linked to Easter egg hunts and the image itself reminded me of walking up to a egg you have just found.
There is a narrow depth of field, which makes the main focus the basket and props, however the viewer does notice its on a pedestal in an rural location.
How I edited:
Before all of this, I adjusted the levels and increased the saturation. This is because I wanted the chicks fur/fluff to stand out from the basket and eggs.
This part of the edit was very tiny and really didn't need doing, however, I found this little blemish distracted me. This was found underneath the basket handle. This was fixed by using the content aware fill after selecting it.
It fixed most of it, then it was just a quick clone stamp to make it look more realistic.
This screen grab shows me using high pass on the image. This was because I wanted the basket to look more detailed and the fur to be more defined.
Again, it was a simple edit.
Edit 2:
Final image;
Like above, this was another image to use for the quarter. "I planned to use this image for a extra on my double page spread. I thought about using it to fill up a quarter, while the other half was filled by a portrait/full body shot and the other quarter being another prop."
The location for this shoot was simply grass. It was a rainy day so it was very wet and I could place my props on as I wanted. I chose grass for the reason above, "it was linked to spring and spring walking. It is also linked to Easter egg hunts and the image itself reminded me of walking up to a egg you have just found."
How I edited:
These two screengrabs shows that I added colour to the eggs. This is why I originally brought white.
This was done because I thought the white was very plain and the image could look more detailed with more colour.
I chose these colours as they reminded me of easter and spring time.
This was done by using different adjustment layers with a different hue.
I used the layer mask, inverting it then painting on the colour. I ended up with a variety of different colour masks and merging the 'visible layers'.
These two screengrabs shows that I added colour to the eggs. This is why I originally brought white.This was done because I thought the white was very plain and the image could look more detailed with more colour.
I chose these colours as they reminded me of easter and spring time.
This was done by using different adjustment layers with a different hue.
I used the layer mask, inverting it then painting on the colour. I ended up with a variety of different colour masks and merging the 'visible layers'.
This image shows me using high pass on the image. I chose this again to add detail to the location, the grass and the eggs. They were polystyrene which had some details on, which i thought would make the eggs look more like Easter eggs. It also added detail to the chicks fur, which make the image quality better.






No comments:
Post a Comment